The Grief Sanctuary is part of our Caring Communities Program.
Our intention being to create grief informed spaces to simply be with what is arising with no expectation to share unless that is what you seek. Also to build resources as a community on the nature of impermanence and the grief journey in all its many forms (inclusive of grief with the loss of a loved one, a pet, a relationship to adjusting to rapid planetary change ).
You may be interested in our 'Holding Space for Grief' Grief Awareness Training for your community group, organisation or workplaces. Enquire here
New Date coming for:
'Holding Space for Grief' Workshop 10.30am-12pm at Heart Place (Booking Details coming, Email to register interest)
We would like to create opportunities to share presence and create community rituals for navigating grief and would love to hear of your suggestions: email.
These offerings are educational and mindfulness based ways of exploring and supporting our common humanity. If you are in need of a trained health professional for counselling support please see our
Bonnie Beazley (Clinical Mental Health Social Worker & Counsellor)
..a coordinate on a map of time. When you are standing in that forest of sorrow, you cannot imagine that you could ever find your way to a better place" Elizabeth Gilbert
In this place it can feel like there is no ground, no map, each grief is so unique.
Slowly slowly each in our own way, we recreate meaning and place.
Heart Place is excited to be offering this one day program facilitated by Mandi Cloete and is currently taking expressions of interest.
Embodied Wisdom – Grief Movement blends energy healing, movement, breath and sound to release challenging emotions and allow reconnection to our innermost being.
We all experience grief in some shape or form – collectively and in our own unique way. This may be through the death of a loved one, loss of employment, spouse, health or even our sense of identity.
Through this one day program we come together embracing a mind/body/spirit approach while using the cycle of compassionate transformation to:
- Clear emotions and release struggle
- Gain awareness and gather new insights
- Allow space for harmony, appreciation and love
- Hold a compassionate space of healing and liberation
"No one is immune from the experience of grief, and while our life stories may be varied what we all have in common is the inevitability of death. Even though grief is a common and often shared experience, it is also a deeply personal and unique process. Unpredictable in nature, grief pendulates from overwhelming focus on the loss, to focused attention of self-care and healing.
There is no getting around the pain of grief, which can leave us feeling broken and isolated. In my work with people experiencing grief, and in my own personal experience of loss, I know it is possible to cultivate moments of peace whilst in the experience of grief. That it is possible to find peace in difficult times.
This has been the motivation for creating my one-day program, Embodied Wisdom – Grief Movement. While there is no right or wrong way to grieve, this program offers restorative, healthy and helpful ways to move through grieving.
If you feel drawn to attending but are still not sure, here are the principles of the program, the foundation that weaves through the program:
- Respecting and honouring of the individuals experience with grief. There is no pressure to ‘get over’ or ‘move on’ from your loss and we do not attempt to ‘fix’ anything.
- Understanding that everyone is on their own journey at their own pace. Grief doesn’t have a timeline, it’s unpredictable and unforgiving, and a deeply personal journey.
- There is no requirement or obligation to share your experience of grief. Only if you feel comfortable in doing so.
- Respectful deep listening and honouring of each person’s experience if they feel comfortable to share.
- Recognising that each person’s experience is their own and doesn’t automatically invite comment, comparison or judgement.
- Autonomy of self and self-determination is encouraged and supported. The program encourages you to come into your body sense and honour what you find there.
- Coming into direct experience with your inner most being, with knowing that you are more than your grief.
I invite you to embrace a mind/body/spirit approach to peace and wellbeing, as you are guided through gentle exercises and techniques to help release struggle, to allow space for new insights, harmony, appreciation, love, and forgiveness." Mandi
If you’d like to know more call Mandi on 0424 361 703. Mandi is also available for private consultations.